Join our team of professional staff and experience the satisfaction of helping some of Oregon’s most troubled youth.
St. Mary’s Home offers excellent benefits, including paid health, vision, dental and life insurance, long-term disability insurance, vacation, personal days, 9 paid holidays, a Tax Shelter Plan and a corporate membership in 24 Hour Fitness Centers.
St. Mary’s Home recognizes the cultural diversity of our clients and families and strive to provide a diverse workforce that is knowledgeable and sensitive to their needs.
St. Mary’s Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
St. Mary’s Home for Boys, a residential treatment facility with 125 years of exceptional service to Oregon’s underprivileged youth, has a full-time opening.
1. Residential Program Manager
Responsible for the over-site of 67 youth in 4 Cottage
13 Management Staff
Total of 64 Staff
- Provide support to the Assistant Director and Management Team
- Responsible for key shift decisions in the absence of Assistant Director
- Third in command for the Residential Program
- Coordinate, design and supervise agency policies and procedures
- Supervise compliance with State BRS Contract requirements
- Primary agency trainer, including CPI trainer
- Provide overall direction to the program
- Plan and coordinate program activities and delivery of services
- Ensure the safety and protection of youth offenders, staff and the community
- Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) Co-Chair
- Chair the afternoon PQI meetings
- Ensure potential problems are identified and solutions developed and implemented
- Instruct and demonstrate Behavioral Rehabilitation strategies and techniques in the management of high-risk behaviors
- Responsible for an overall, seven-day-a week/24 hour-a-day campus program.
Minimum Qualifications: Minimum BA/BS degree (preferably with major study in psychology, sociology, social work, social sciences or closely allied field) with 2 years experience in the care and treatment of youth. Master’s Degree preferred. Two years experience in supervision and management of a residential facility for the care and treatment of youth.
Requirements: BA/BS with 2 years experience in the care and treatment of youth. Two years experience in a management position preferred; experience working with a Performance & Quality Improvement or Quality Assurance Program a plus. Demonstrated and documented leadership qualities; excellent communication and organization skills; data management and personnel management skills. Above average skills in Excel and Word applications:
Tuesday – Friday: 2 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Saturday: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday and Monday: Off
Schedule may vary to meet needs of agency.
See application process below.
2. Maintenance Technician II
Full-time position. The Maintenance Technician II is primarily responsible for general and skilled maintenance and repair of the interior and exterior of St. Mary’s buildings, campus grounds, HVAC, electrical systems and plumbing systems, lawn and garden equipment and vehicles. Experience in maintenance of swimming pools is preferred. The Maintenance Tech II shall act as an assistant to the Facility Maintenance Manager and shall perform all delegated responsibilities as requested.
The position requires an individual who is highly skilled in electrical systems and plumbing systems. A Universal HVAC Certification is preferred. Requires high-school diploma or GED. Minimum of five years of relevant job experience with a demonstrated ability to use and maintain a wide variety of tools. Must possess a valid Oregon Driver’s License with a good driving record.
Hired employee must pass State and FBI Criminal History Checks and job-related physical. Competitive salary with excellent benefits. Tobacco-free campus.
Schedule: Core hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Schedule may vary to meet the needs of the agency.
See application process listed below.
St. Mary’s Home for Boys, a Residential Treatment facility with 125 years of service to underprivileged youth, has a full-time position preparing large volume meals. Meals, made “from scratch” to serve approximately 120 clients and staff are served family style. The cook is responsible for all aspects of preparation and service of meals. Not a “fast food” position. Requires ability to communicate with English-speaking adolescent clients. Minimum 2 years experience required. Initial core schedule will be:
10:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Thursday through Monday
Tuesday and Wednesday off
Flexibility with days/hours preferred
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. Hired employee must pass State and FBI Criminal History Checks and pass a job-related physical. Smoke-free campus.
4. Residential Counselor – Swing Shift
St. Mary’s Home for Boys is accepting applications for a counselor to work with emotionally and behaviorally disturbed boys, ages 10-17. The job is part of a team of trained professionals and is for the second shift, from 2:45 pm to 10:45 pm daily. This fast-pased job requires the ability to make quick, authoritative decisions based on standards and protocols within the St. Mary’s Home environment, providing consistent leadership and quality guidance to the clients. St. Mary’s is not an MR/DD, CMI or D & A facility.
- This position requires a BA/BS degree in psychology, sociology or other behavioral science.
- A recent internship with similar clients is preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- $11.00/hr to start with potential increase to $12.25 after 6 months.
Hired employee must have State and FBI Criminal History Background check.
See application process below.
E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org;
Call 503-649-5651 for an application or select application (PDF format) to download
Employment Application | Reference Form | Application Flow
Fax resume and applications to 503-649-7405 or mail your completed application to:
St. Mary’s Home for Boys
16535 SW TV Hwy.
Beaverton, OR 97006